This recipe of has been a signature the apple cobbler dish for many year in one of the greatest chefs in England.Apple Cobbler Picture
Ingredients for the apple cobble recipe
Ingredients for the filling:
- 1/4 cup sugar (you can add up to 1/2 cup according to taste)
- 1 1/2 table spoon of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 table spoon of (or 1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 3 lbs. tart apples (example: Granny Smith), peeled, cored, and sliced (about 6 large apples)
- 3 table spoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients for the crust:
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 table spoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 2 table spoons coarsely chopped crystallized ginger
- The zest from one orange
- 1 cup heavy cream, plus more for glaze
How to prepare the apple cobbler recipe :Apple Cobbler Picture
- the first thing you have to do is make a two crust directions and you do that by taking a big bowl and add: the 2 cups of flower, the 1/4 cup of sugar, the 2 tea spoons of baking powder and the 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Next add the buyer but make sure you cut it or reap it into small pieces so that it blends easily. Incorporate the butter until you get a mixture that crumbles. Add the orange zest into the cup of heavy cream and add it to the crumbling mixture, take a fork and mix it until you have a smooth doug.
- Gather all the doug and create a bowl which you will roll into a large pie pan. Cut the extra doug which you do not need and make some holes in the center so that the air can escape while it is in the oven.
- Add the crust to the oven for 10 minutes at 230 degrees C
How to make the filling for the apple cobbler recipe:
- Take a pan and melt some butter at medium heat. Add the apple slices, the lemon juice, the sugar and the flower. Cook the composition for about 10 minutes until the apples are tender. At the end add some vanilla extract and power the filling into the crust.
These is everything you should know about making a apple cobbler, we hope that you will try it and love it.