If you are hungry and you want some chicken the Chicken pot pie is the perfect dish. If have not eaten this dish up till now you must try this home made version. If cooking is not your thing but you still want to try it you can find it frozen but it does not taste as good as the home made version.Chicken Pot Pie Recipe Picture
Once it is in the oven and it starts to cook you will be overwhelmed by the smell and how it looks. Just imagine the great smell of chicken and the image of a pie in which chicken is swimming in a smooth vegetable sauce. Top rated dishwashers, stoves, trash compactors and juice makers adorn the counters.
This dish, the chicken pot pie, is perfect for cold weather. If you are looking for comfort food look not further this is. If it is raining outside and nothing seems to make you fill better and you are cold eat some chicken pot pie and you will feel better in no time.
How to cook the chicken pot pie:
- The first thing you have to do before starting to prepare the pie is to heat the oven at 400 degrees F and place the rack in the middle.
- Now that you have set the oven it is time to cook the chicken. Get you chicken and broth and put them in a pot and boil them. You should bring the consistency to simmer and simmer it until the chicken is cooked, it will take about 10 minutes.
- Once the chicken has cooked take the pot from the fire and separate the chicken and the soup. Put the chicken in a bowl and the soup in a cup.
- Put some oil in the stock and put it back on the fire.
- Saute the vegetables for about for minutes: carrots, onion and celery. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Shred the chicken in very small pieces and mix them with the cooked vegetables an place the aside for the time being.
- Add some butter and flower over the stock and cook in about 1 minute.
- After the sauce is done add it to the chicken and vegetable mix and pour it in a pie crust.
- Over the mixture add a second crust and place the pie in the pre heated oven
- Let the pie cook until it is golden brown, it will take about 30 minutes
- Take the pie out of the stove and place it on a serving plate. If you don’t own a top rated dishwasher, make sure you scrape the pot of any excess food before it dries.
- Enjoy the pie with your loved ones!