If you are out of inspiration chicken noodle soup is the ideal dish to make. It is very easy to make and it tastes so much better than the pre made one. This type of soup should be served only hot with a salad and some bread.
- 1 gallon of water
- 1 chicken of about 4 pounds, cut into pieces
- 1 large onion, peeled and halved
- 3 bay leaves
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 2/3 bunch celery, leaves reserved
- 1 pound of carrots
- 3 tablespoons of chopped lemon grass- you can choose not to add
- 1/4 cup of chicken bouillon powder
- 1 pound carrots: peeled and sliced
- 1/3 bunch of celery: chopped and leaves reserved
- 1 package of dry egg noodles
How to make the chicken noodle soup:
- Take a pot and add some water and the chicken and place the pot on high heat. Let the water and chicken on the fire until it starts to boil. Once the water has started to boil reduce the heat to medium and cover the pot. Leave it to simmer for about 30 minutes.
- After half an hour add the vegetables and cover the pot again and leave it for an hour on the fire. The fire should be medium heat
- Strain the composition and gather the boiled chicken. Once the chicken has cooled off remove the skin and chop the meat into small pieces. Add the small pieces back into the soup and let it cook along with the other ingredients.
- Add the chopped carrots and the chopped celery and let it boil for about 20 minutes
- At the very end and the noodles and wait until they are done.
- Once the noodles are done add some parsley and let it cool of for a while
- Serve the soup into medium sized bowls along with some bread.
After you have finished making the chicken noodle soup, put all pots in dishwasher. If have not, read some dishwasher reviews to views all advantages.
This is our unique recipe of Chicken noodle soup which we hope that you will try and serve it on a regular basis. It is good that once in a while you change the recipe of a dish you cook because you do not get bored and you get to reinvent it. The kids will love it and you will love it if you are sick or in a bad mood. We have to say that this is an ideal dish for rainy days, something to boost you up.